This privately sited home was the first "Sedgwick" House, a colonial style built in 1894 by Gertrude B. Meredith, the daughter of Charles B. Sedgwick. The site, according to the records, was 50' wide by 300' deep, and sold for $1,500. Records to when Dewitt St. was developed are unclear, but the home at 240 Dewitt St. was built 220' from the edge of the existing road. One of the next homes constructed was #2 Brattle Rd. built shortly after at the corner of Brattle Rd. and Dewitt St. and is 75' wide x 250' deep. The original plan for the Sedgwick Farm tract was more informal with spacious building lots.
This property is not currently displayed as for sale or rent on Zillow. This may be different from what's on other websites or public sources.


