White Plains is an antebellum plantation house. The plantation provided a key stopover along the Walton Road, an early stagecoach road connecting Knoxville and Nashville, and in 1854 served as a temporary county seat for the newly formed Putnam County. In 2009, the house was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The house at White Plains was originally constructed in 1848 by Stephen Decatur Burton after the loghouse built by his grandfather William Quarles burned. The house originally consisted of a hewn log frame with weatherboard siding, built around a central floor plan. Two 15-foot by 15-foot rooms flank both sides of the central hallway on the first floor, and the second floor consists of four 15-foot by 15-foot bedrooms. A sitting room was added to the rear of the house in 1925. The 1958 renovations included the addition of a brick exterior, a front portico, and two single-story wings containing a large kitchen, 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. House is SOLD AS-IS
This property is not currently displayed as for sale or rent on Zillow. This may be different from what's on other websites or public sources.